We look forward to meeting you and your family pet soon. Before coming to our office, please review these few topics to insure that we get all the necessary information PRIOR to your pet’s appointment.
Before Dr. G sees your pet for either a wellness ATP (annual periodontal cleaning including dental x-rays) or for a particular procedure such as a root canal therapy, multiple extractions, or oral cancer surgery, it is essential that you follow this pet dentist visit checklist prior to visiting us:
- Make sure your pet has current blood work (CBC, Chemistries, +/- Urinalysis) within the last 3 months. If your pet is a super-senior (>13-14 years), more current blood work is recommended as well as Chest X-rays. For senior cats, a Thyroid panel is also advised. These can be easily done by your family veterinary practice prior to your visit with Dr. G.
- Ask your family veterinarian to forward the lab values and most current medical record information to our office via fax (901-624-9014) or to Tammy (Dr. G’s nurse) @ email@example.com prior to your pet’s scheduled visit.
Let Tammy know what medications your pet is currently taking. She will tell you whether or not to give medication the morning of the procedure
When to take up food
- Take up food around 10 pm (or before you go to bed).
- Water can be available to your pet all night (Do not withhold water).
- Give any medication that is routinely given in the evening.
- The morning of the procedure
- No breakfast but water again is fine…and off to see Dr. G!
If you have any questions regarding your pet’s upcoming visit, please call us @ 901-833-8476 (TEETH76).